About History 1920's By the end of 1921, 510 men had been admitted to Enham and 366 had been discharged - 80% of whom were fit to take up employment or industrial training. In 1922, The King and Queen, accompanied by HRH the Duke of York, visited Enham. The Village Centres Council had a number of high-profile patrons from 1923 onwards including HRHs the King and Queen, Her Majesty Queen Alexandra, HRH Princess Mary, Viscountess Lascelles, Field Marshal HRH the Duke of Connaught, and HRH Princess Alice. On 26th June 1926, the Landale Wilson Institute was completed and opened by HRH the Prince of Wales. Now known as the Landale Wilson Hall, it is still used today for parties and events. The building was given to Enham by Mr and Mrs. D. Landale Wilson in commemoration of their silver wedding anniversary.