Job Ref: CL/LK | Permanent | Christchurch BH23 | Pay Rate: £10.00ph | Closing Date: Ongoing

Job Overview:

Live in Female Personal Care Assistants
Required for active female S.C.I. wheelchair user who lives with her partner on the south coast in Christchurch.
Are you adventurous?
If the weather is good would you get out the BBQ?
Or if not, put a chicken in the oven to roast and then make pies with leftovers?
Do you enjoy driving?
If you had a motor home would you like driving and exploring different places?
Do you like going for walks along the seafront, the riverside, in a forest?
Do you enjoy social media?
Do you like doing feminine beauty treatments?
Do you like going shopping?
Would you like to make a difference to someone’s life?
Are you competent and confident, with a good sense of humour.
You need to be trustworthy, organised, respectful, enthusiastic and able to use your initiative.
You must have experience in spinal cord injured care, moving and handling with ceiling track hoist and pushing a manual wheelchair or accompanying a motorised chair.
£750 per week, which includes food allowance. Plus holiday pay and pension scheme.
Flexible working rotas are for a minimum of a week or for some months in a row, depending on client’s and P.A.s’ wishes.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the applicant to be female in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
Please provide an up to date DBS check, CV, two references from spinal cord injured clients and proof of driving licence.

To Apply:
To apply for this post, please submit a CV, or letter providing your name, tel. number, address & email address, qualifications, employment history to date – including: name of employer, job title, employment start & end date - for up to past 10 years i.e. from 2010 to 2020 and a statement explaining why you are applying for this job.

Please email CV to [email protected]

If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB). Employment is dependent upon a satisfactory enhanced DBS certificate.
You must evidence that you have the right to work in the UK [A current passport showing that you are a British citizen, or that you have the right of abode in the United Kingdom. A document showing that you are a national of a European Economic Area country* or Switzerland].
All interviews will be conducted in the location of the client.

As part of our Information Advice and Guidance Service Enham Trust supports disabled people to employ their own staff. This vacancy is not a role within Enham Trust but an excellent opportunity to work directly for one of our customers.