Are you looking to support disabled children and disabled people with complex needs to gain greater independence?
The Move Programme from Enham Trust offers a framework for both professionals and parents supporting disabled children and adults with complex needs to gain greater independence through functional mobility.
We believe in collaborative working; bringing both education and therapy services together to increase the functional mobility of the people they work with.
Join the Movement
Our Move Training courses are available to anyone working with people who have physical disabilities and complex needs, including therapists, teachers, carers and parents.
There are 2 levels of training for The Move Programme,
This is a detailed, in-house training course taking place over 2 days. A Move Trainer will come to your setting to provide a bespoke course on dates that suit you. The course provides everything you need to implement the Six Steps of The Move Programme in your school or centre.
By the end of the course, delegates will become Move Senior Practitioners, able to;
- Understand the philosophy, principles and purpose of The Move Programme
- Understand and be able to implement the Six Steps of The Move Programme
- Complete The Move Programme Assessment Profile
- Help co-ordinate the use of The Move Programme within their own school or centre.
- Organise and lead team Assessment Meetings and Progress Review Meetings.
Upon completion, participants will receive a Professional Development Certificate and will have access to further support from the Move Team.
We have an exciting offer available to all organisations booking in-house Move training in 2018, making this year the ideal time to introduce The Move Programme into your organisation.
For every new centre booking in-house training in 2018, Jiraffe have agreed to donate one piece of equipment from the Rifton range of your choice, absolutely free of charge to you! Find out more by clicking here.
We do also have a number of individual places available on open training sessions that you are welcome to book onto and join:
Ysgol Ty Coch, Pontypridd, South Wales, 8th and 9th May 2018
Abbey Hill Academy, Horizons Trust, Stockton-On-Tees, 3rd September and 26th October 2018
This in-depth level of training is designed for those who would like to take the lead in The Move Programme at their organisation. This 3 day training course provides those who have been practicing The Move Programme as Senior Practitioners for at least a year with the skills they need to train other Move Practitioners within their school or centre.
By the end of the course, delegates will be Move Trainers, able to;
- Take the lead for the co-ordination of The Move Programme within their own organisation
- Deliver Awareness Courses and Senior Practitioner training within their own setting, without having to send staff on external training courses, subject to the payment of a small registration fee
- Demonstrate a deeper understanding of The Move Programme
- Have access to all Move Training Materials
- Be considered for Move Associate Trainer status, qualified to deliver training on behalf of The Move Programme
Move Trainer Training courses:
- 19th, 20th and 21st November 2018 at St. Andrews School in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
If your organisation would like to join our Movement – ensuring children and adults with disabilities and complex needs can live as independently as possible – please contact us to start your journey.
We are looking to organise a Move Trainer Training course in March 2019 in The Midlands. If you would be interested, please get in contact.