Trek the Brecon Beacons
Are you looking for a trekking charity challenge in the UK?
Register now for the ultimate endurance challenge that will push you to your limits! We are calling on you to join our team and help improve the lives of people living with disabilities.
Choose from four sensational routes, taking in the stunning scenery of the Brecon Beacons National Park. Whether you’re a seasoned trekker or are trying TrekFest for the first time, there is a route to suit you.
To sign up to trek the Brecon Beacons all you need to do is pay a registration fee (£35 to £60 depending on your route and pledge to raise money for Enham Trust.
About the Brecon Beacons Walking TrekFest:
The Brecon Beacons run through the centre of South Wales and are the training ground of the SAS. As you can imagine, The Beacons routes will provide you with an extreme physical workout and a psychologically taxing challenge, crossing the highest peaks in South Wales including Pen y Fan (886m), Corn Du (873m), Cribyn (795m) and Fan y Big (719m) – we can guarantee a spectacular charity challenge!
The 2016 Brecon Beacons TrekFest will take place on 4th & 5th June 2016.
Don’t forget, by joining us to trek the Brecon Beacons you will allow us to make life more positive for the thousands of people we support every day. So, sign up today!
What’s included in this trekking event?
Full event backup and support through marshalled checkpoints providing complimentary snacks and refreshments; support vehicles; mountain leaders sweeping the pack; a hot meal at the end of the challenge for trekkers on all four routes, a hot meal along the way for trekkers on the 50km route, a hot meal and a hot snack for trekkers on the 75km route and 2 hot meals for trekkers on the 100km routes.
TrekFesters will have access to:
- Trekker Guides
- Kit Lists
- Training information and guidelines
- Route information
- Information regarding transport links and how to get to/from The TrekFest Village
To sign up to the walk across the Brecon Beacons all you need to do is pay the registration fee and pledge to raise money for Enham Trust.
Simply book your place for your chosen distance online and download the information pack:
- 25km - Stunning scenery, fantastic atmosphere and great trekking but avoiding the major climbs – suitable for those who enjoy walking but haven’t taken part in an event before, this is a great introduction to challenge trekking with the choice to go further next time.
- 50km - For more seasoned trekkers who want to push themselves that little bit further; incorporates a tough climb then finishes on more forgiving terrain – a route to challenge yourself and take you up to the next level.
- 75km - A tough trek for tough trekkers; you need to put in some serious training in order to tackle the hard climbs and unforgiving terrain that this route provides. This is a route for those who really want to push themselves on a challenge to remember.
- 100km - This is tough… very tough. It is the most challenging endurance trek that has ever been devised as a charity challenge. It hurts; it will push you; there are moments when you will doubt yourself, but you can and will succeed with the right physical training and mental preparation – a route for those want to push themselves, not just up to, but over their limits.
If you have any questions please contact Rachel Coombs our events organiser
We look forward to welcoming you on board our charity walking team!
3rd September 2017 - This event actively welcomes everyone; all ages and all abilities can take part! There are five distances to choose from: 10k, 5km, 1km, Super Sensory 1k and 100m. Run it, walk it, push it, be pushed. Anything goes. Have you got what it takes?
London to Paris 2017
13th - 17th September 2017 - Join hundreds of other charity cyclists at the iconic London to Paris bike ride in September 2017. Challenge yourself and support Enham Trust.
Walk The Test Way
8th October 2017 - Following on from the success of last year’s Walk the Test Way, we are pleased to announce that The Rotary Club of Romsey Test are set to hold this annual event again in 2017!
Charity Sky Dive for Enham Trust
2nd November 2017 - Do you fancy the challenge of a lifetime how about throwing yourself out of a plane at 15,000 feet? just imagine how that would feel, it’s a challenge for both your body and mind. Have you got what it takes?
Military Wives Choir
8th December 2017 - Salisbury Plain Military Wives Choir have performed for royalty including the queen and with pop star Cliff Richard, amongst many others. They are coming to Andover for a Christmas performance suitable for all the family.