Personal Care Assistant - DW/LK2
||24 hours per week Two waking Nights
||£8.90, increase to £10 on completion of probationary period
||Friday 01st September 2017
Looking for someone to work as part of a small team providing support and care to a man with Motor Neuron Disease (MND) to enable him to maintain a positive outlook on life and to live as independently as possible.
24 hours per week - Two waking Nights
Opportunity for overtime
Main Duties: (full training will be given)
- To provide support and care as outlined in the individual care plans which will include:
- Personal care of an intimate nature such as showering, dressing and toileting
- Administering medicines and food through a RIG
- Prescribed interventions to support breathing through use of ventilator and cough assist machines
- To use and help maintain a range of essential equipment.
- To ensure that the environment is kept clean, tidy and safe.
- To drive an adapted vehicle when required.
- To undertake all necessary training.
- To follow work schedules health and safety guidelines and safeguarding protocols.
- To liaise with health professionals when required.
- This will include some lone work after completion of training and probationary period has been completed.
- Reliable, honest, and trustworthy
- Physical ability to care for a disabled adult
- Ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude to life and a good sense of humour
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Legally Able To Work in UK
As part of our Information Advice and Guidance Service Enham Trust supports disabled people to employ their own staff. This vacanacy is not a role within Enham Trust but an excellent opporutnity to work directly for one of our customers.