Personal Assistant - AW/LK
||West Lavington, SN10
||Thursday 31st May 2018
To apply please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our Information Advice and Guidance Service Enham Trust supports disabled people to employ their own staff. This vacancy is not a role within Enham Trust but an excellent opportunity to work directly for one of our customers.
To work as part of a small team providing support and care to a man with Motor Neuron Disease (MND) to enable him to maintain a positive outlook on life and to live as independently as possible.
Location of Work:
- 20-25 hours per week with opportunities for overtime.
- Specific hours to be agreed with the successful applicants but will include some evenings and occasional waking nights.
- Full training will be given.
- There is a requirement to work one weekend in four.
- 5.6 weeks per annum pro rata (including bank holidays)
Duties and Responsibilities:
To provide support and care as outlined in the individual care plans which will include:
- Personal care of an intimate nature such as showering, dressing and toileting
- Administering medicines and food through a RIG
- Prescribed interventions to support breathing through use of ventilator and cough assist machines
- To use and help maintain a range of essential equipment.
- To ensure that the environment is kept clean, tidy and safe.
- To drive an adapted vehicle when required.
- To undertake all necessary training.
- To follow work schedules, health and safety guidelines and safeguarding protocols.
- To liaise with health professionals when required.
This will include some lone work after completion of training and probationary period has been completed.
- To assist with any other activities as required.
- Reliable, honest, and trustworthy
- Physical ability to care for a disabled adult
- Ability to plan, organize, and multitask with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude to life and a good sense of humour
- Experience of working in the care industry
- NVQ level 2 desirable
- Full UK driving license
- A Disclosure and Barring check will be required
The above posts complies with section 7 (2) (b) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975.