Personal Care Assistant - JY/LK
||£7.83 - £9.95
||Thursday 31st May 2018
To apply please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of our Information Advice and Guidance Service we support disabled people to employ their own staff as Personal Assistants. This vacancy is not a role within Enham Trust but an excellent opportunity to work directly for one of our customers.
A late 20's man would like to build a team of specialist Personal Assistants to work with him to meet his daily care needs, to support him to live as independently as possible. This role would require an Enhanced DBS check (paid by employer) and must be eligible to work in UK.
- Long shift 13 hours
- Short shift 6.5 hours
Rate of Pay
- Hourly Rate: £9.95
- Sleeping night Rate: (7 hour shift) £7.83
- Mobility - help transfer to and from bed/wheelchair/shower chair, using a hoist.
- Positioning - help with getting me into the correct position in wheelchairs/bed.
- Bathroom - help with showering, cleaning teeth, all aspects of personal care.
- Eating/Drinking - full assistance with preparing and feeding, washing/tidying after feeding.
- Exercise - help with physiotherapy exercises/stretches, assistance with standing equipment and exercise bike.
- Skin Care - applying creams/lotions, dressings, pressure sore prevention/treatment.
- Domestic Tasks - general cleaning/tidying/washing - food/hygiene/preparation - making/changing bed - setting up personal equipment (phone/computer) - help with pet care (feeding, walking, grooming).
- Community Living Tasks - shopping/assisting me with shopping - collection of prescriptions - drive/escort me to appointments/therapy sessions/social outings etc - assist me in/out of car.
- I am a late 20's male with a spinal cord injury; I am easy going, great sense of humour and a have a wide range of interests. My friends, family are very important to me as I am very social and love to socialise.
- Confident driver with a full, clean UK driving licence and use of own car.
- Type of experience required: previous care experience preferred but not essential
- Enhanced DBS check
- Legally able to work in the UK
- A very positive, caring, enthusiastic and friendly person.
- A flexible approach is vital
- Someone who is able to listen and carry out precise & accurate instructions
- Ability to use initiative
- An understanding of the importance of preserving dignity and independence in our working relationship
- Be prepared to arrive at the agreed time, ready to work
- Have sense of pride in the service you are providing