Female Personal Care Assistant - LL/LK
||£8.85 - £10
||Thursday 30th November 2017
To apply please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To assist with a variety of tasks which will support the client to live a varied and interesting independent life in and around the community.
This is not a 9-5 job and sometimes can be tough and challenging but it is intensely rewarding and enjoyable.
To work within a team with a consistent approach to retain and increase the client’s independence where possible
Help the client with behaviours and emotional needs. The client’s needs vary so flexible thinking and approach is needed.
- To assist with all aspects of personal care whilst promoting independence as much as possible.
- Assist the client with eating and drinking.
- Assist the client with medication, collect and administration.
- Pushing a wheelchair if and when necessary.
- Shopping and assisting with shopping.
- Collecting and carrying things on the client’s behalf.
- Undertaking preparation and cooking of meals and drinks.
- Setting up and assisting the client to cook and clean independently.
- Undertaking of all household duties such as washing up, laundry, ironing, hovering dusting, making and changing of beds.
- Setting up my computer and assisting when needed.
- Help the client look after animals in the home, your duties would include cleaning out animal's houses.
- Looking after the maintenance of the client’s home, garden and car, reporting of faults.
- Any reasonable duties that may be necessary.
- Acting as a driver/escort for outings, including swimming, roller coasters, ice skating and much more.
- Encourage and join in with activities helping the client socialise.
- Experience providing care and support
- Reliable honest and trustworthy.
- Car driver/owner.
- Patience and good communication skills.
- Able to plan, organise and multitask.
- Physically able to assist me with moving and handling (training will be given).
- Be energetic and of a happy deposition.
- Be able to work as a team and respect each other as individuals.
- Respect the client’s privacy and treat everything you see, hear and do as confidential.
- Enjoy a challenge.
- Be able to assist with paperwork as necessary.
- Enhanced DBS Check.
- Legally Able To Work in UK.
As part of our Information Advice and Guidance Service Enham Trust supports disabled people to employ their own staff. This vacancy is not a role within Enham Trust but an excellent opportunity to work directly for one of our customers.
The above posts complies with section 7 (2) (b) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975.