Female Personal Care Assistant - LL/LK
||£8.85 - £10
||Thursday 31st May 2018
To apply please email a CV to email@example.com
As part of our Information Advice and Guidance Service Enham Trust supports disabled people to employ their own staff. This vacancy is not a role within Enham Trust but an excellent opportunity to work directly for one of our customers.
Enham Trust are supporting our client in rural Cornwall to find a female care assistant who can provide support with a variety of tasks which will enable the client to live a varied and interesting independent life in and around the community. The ideal candidate will have experience working with challenging behaviour and be confident to to hit the ground running.
This is not a 9-5 job and sometimes can be tough and challenging but it is rewarding and enjoyable.
To work within a team with a consistent approach to retain and increase the client’s independence where possible
Help the client with behaviours and emotional needs. The client’s needs vary so flexible thinking and approach is needed.
- To assist with all aspects of personal care whilst promoting independence as much as possible.
- Assist the client with eating and drinking.
- Assist the client with medication, collect and administration.
- Pushing a wheelchair if and when necessary.
- Shopping and assisting with shopping.
- Collecting and carrying things on the client’s behalf.
- Undertaking preparation and cooking of meals and drinks.
- Setting up and assisting the client to cook and clean independently.
- Undertaking of all household duties such as washing up, laundry, ironing, hovering dusting, making and changing of beds.
- Setting up my computer and assisting when needed.
- Help the client look after animals in the home, your duties would include cleaning out animal's houses.
- Looking after the maintenance of the client’s home, garden and car, reporting of faults.
- Any reasonable duties that may be necessary.
- Acting as a driver/escort for outings, including swimming, roller coasters, ice skating and much more.
- Encourage and join in with activities helping the client socialise.
- Experience working with challenging behaviour
- Reliable honest and trustworthy.
- Car driver/owner.
- Patience and good communication skills.
- Able to plan, organise and multitask.
- Physically able to assist me with moving and handling (training will be given).
- Be energetic and of a happy deposition.
- Be able to work as a team and respect each other as individuals.
- Respect the client’s privacy and treat everything you see, hear and do as confidential.
- Enjoy a challenge.
- Be able to assist with paperwork as necessary.
- Enhanced DBS Check.
- Legally Able To Work in UK.
The above posts complies with section 7 (2) (b) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975.